- Chiropractic is one of the largest primary contact regulated health care professions in Canada. A Chiropractor focuses on the diagnosis and treatment for disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems.
- Physiotherapists are primary health care professionals with a significant role in health promotion and restoring the quality of your movement following injury and disease.
- Massage therapy consists primarily of hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, specifically the muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints or the purpose of optimizing health.
- Active Release Technique (A.R.T) is a soft tissue technique concentrating on problems arising from muscles, fascia, ligaments, tendons and nerves and has been successful in the treatment of overuse injuries
- Rehabilitation exercises are a critical component of all musculoskeletal injuries. There is ample evidence supporting the use of therapeutic exercises in virtually every musculoskeletal injury to reduce pain and restore normal function.
- Prehabilitation programs are designed to enhance your physical capacity prior to surgery. By attaining a higher level of strength and functional ability prior to surgery enables a patient to rebound and recover from their procedure much quicker.
- Custom fit orthotics are used for a variety of clinical conditions spanning from the foot to the low back. A full biomechanical evaluation in conjunction with a detailed history will determine if you are a good candidate for custom fit orthotics.
- Orthopaedic braces provide support and protection to vulnerable joints and soft tissue. The Proactive Athlete most commonly recommends bracing for cases involving peripheral joints such as the ankle, knee, wrist, elbow and shoulder. To view brace selection check out www.dunbarmedical.com
Our Latest Blogs
A blog on supporting research for Intermittent Fasting For those reading this who are unfamiliar with the concept of Intermittent Fasting (IF) please refer to blog 1 as an introduction to the topic of IF and why we do not eat Mondays and have not for some time. To begin,...
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Benjamin Franklin You brush your teeth daily to prevent dental decay/disease, but do you spend time every day on maintaining and optimizing your joint health? Although you may believe your current exercise routine is enough, ask yourself if your routine trains...
A 3 Part Blog On The Growing Popularity Of Intermittent Fasting In clinic conversation on Monday afternoons: Client: “So what did you eat for lunch?” TPA Practitioner: “Nothing.” Client: “Too busy?” TPA Practitioner: “Nope. I actually don’t eat on Mondays” –long, awkward pause– Client: “Are you crazy?” If you have...