- Chiropractic is one of the largest primary contact regulated health care professions in Canada. A Chiropractor focuses on the diagnosis and treatment for disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems.
- Physiotherapists are primary health care professionals with a significant role in health promotion and restoring the quality of your movement following injury and disease.
- Massage therapy consists primarily of hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, specifically the muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints or the purpose of optimizing health.
- Active Release Technique (A.R.T) is a soft tissue technique concentrating on problems arising from muscles, fascia, ligaments, tendons and nerves and has been successful in the treatment of overuse injuries
- Rehabilitation exercises are a critical component of all musculoskeletal injuries. There is ample evidence supporting the use of therapeutic exercises in virtually every musculoskeletal injury to reduce pain and restore normal function.
- Prehabilitation programs are designed to enhance your physical capacity prior to surgery. By attaining a higher level of strength and functional ability prior to surgery enables a patient to rebound and recover from their procedure much quicker.
- Custom fit orthotics are used for a variety of clinical conditions spanning from the foot to the low back. A full biomechanical evaluation in conjunction with a detailed history will determine if you are a good candidate for custom fit orthotics.
- Orthopaedic braces provide support and protection to vulnerable joints and soft tissue. The Proactive Athlete most commonly recommends bracing for cases involving peripheral joints such as the ankle, knee, wrist, elbow and shoulder. To view brace selection check out www.dunbarmedical.com
Our Latest Blogs
Does KT Tape Work? With the 2016 RIO Olympic Games just around the corner, viewers will be showered with a plethora of fun, colourful taping jobs displayed on many athletes. So what is this tape and does it even work? What is kinesio-taping (KT)? Kinesio-Taping or KT tape is an...
By now you have probably seen Michael Phelps win the gold medal in the 4×100 at the Olympic games. If you looked closer you might have also noticed the red circles on his right shoulder known as cupping therapy. Although this treatment has been around for thousands of years, it...
By now, you have probably heard that Portugal won the 2016 Euro-Cup and they did so without their star player and captain Cristiano Ronaldo. While limited news has been released regarding the status of his injury, I came across an ESPN article classifying it as a “ligament strain” (I will...