- Chiropractic is one of the largest primary contact regulated health care professions in Canada. A Chiropractor focuses on the diagnosis and treatment for disorders of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems.
- Physiotherapists are primary health care professionals with a significant role in health promotion and restoring the quality of your movement following injury and disease.
- Massage therapy consists primarily of hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, specifically the muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints or the purpose of optimizing health.
- Active Release Technique (A.R.T) is a soft tissue technique concentrating on problems arising from muscles, fascia, ligaments, tendons and nerves and has been successful in the treatment of overuse injuries
- Rehabilitation exercises are a critical component of all musculoskeletal injuries. There is ample evidence supporting the use of therapeutic exercises in virtually every musculoskeletal injury to reduce pain and restore normal function.
- Prehabilitation programs are designed to enhance your physical capacity prior to surgery. By attaining a higher level of strength and functional ability prior to surgery enables a patient to rebound and recover from their procedure much quicker.
- Custom fit orthotics are used for a variety of clinical conditions spanning from the foot to the low back. A full biomechanical evaluation in conjunction with a detailed history will determine if you are a good candidate for custom fit orthotics.
- Orthopaedic braces provide support and protection to vulnerable joints and soft tissue. The Proactive Athlete most commonly recommends bracing for cases involving peripheral joints such as the ankle, knee, wrist, elbow and shoulder. To view brace selection check out www.dunbarmedical.com
I had the opportunity to spend the day with Dr. John Leddy, clinic director of the University of Buffalo Concussion Clinic and renowned published author on concussions. Dr. Leddy is first and foremost an inspiring clinician who has nothing but time, answers and options for his patients. He also happens to be...
Every 3 or 4 years concussion experts from around the world gather to update all stakeholders (health care providers, coaches, parents and organizations) on the evidence to date for concussions in sport. The resulting document that emerges from these brilliant minds is then worshipped as the holy grail of concussion...